"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Well I was going to do this the other day, but my internet was down for a few days so now I'm getting back to it...

It was my mom's birthday, and I wanted to make our family's traditional birthday cake for her. Well let me say that I have never made the frosting before. I've watched mom and grandma do it a hundred times, but I've never done it so I decided to try it. Well...its harder than it looks. The recipe is very old and not too explanitory so I was just trying to go off of what I've seen done. It tasted really good, but it didn't quite cook long enough I guess because it just ran off the cake! We got some good laughs out of it, but I think mom appreciated my efforts!! I even left off a piece without nuts for the weird ones that don't like them!

No comments: