"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I couldn't believe I did it...

Yes, I drove the squeeze!



I swore I never would, but Jed couldn't drive the truck and the squeeze too. Jed knows my backing up skills with a trailer so he decided that it was time for me to learn how to drive this beast of a machine. So he showed me where everything was: clutch, brake, gas pedal, and shifter thing. Then the last thing he told me was "If it doesn't want to stop...just pump the brake!" No fear! I'm happy to say...I did it! And Jed did admit he was proud of me too!

5 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

Way to go. That's one heck of an accomplishment!!!!

Brant and Becky said...

Oh my stars! Haha, thats the best thing I have heard all day! Check you out - taking charge of that beast of a machine! Way to go!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Girl... you remind me of the time Brandon and his dad made me drive a tracker or bulldozer or whatever the heck it was from where Justin lives all the way to where Bud lives. I was scared out of my mind because it wasn't easy to shift gears ect, either. Even though I took the back roads, I had to stop at one light. I couldn't get it to go so had to keep telling people to go around. Boy did I have city girl written all over me! But I was so proud of myself for actually doing it as well! Way to go Trish!

Collin and Hannah said...

Oh my word! You are a brave woman! There would have been mass havoc if it had been me.

Skinners said...

The only thing I can think of to say is I can't stop laughing! I wish we had video!