The kids were so happy with what they got. Aisley got her baby and all she would need for a nursery! And Rigdon got a dump truck, balls, and tractors! And then we got them a picnic table too. Aisley is always wanting to eat outside and have picnics...it feels like we're camping which the girl LOVES to do! So we got all our presents unwrapped, then we were off to Granny and Papa's to open presents, and then my mom's for lunch and more presents! It was a great day. We loved being with all the family and definately missed the ones that couldn't come.
Even though its fun to play up the magic of Santa, we still talk about and remember the reason that we have Christmas. When we were in Duncan for Christmas Eve we drove by the best nativity scene I've ever seen. It looked so real. It was just spread across this hillside with spotlights on the different scenes..so cool! It is such a season of giving, and thinking of others. I wish I could carry that spirit throughout the whole year to be more Christlike. I think the saddest day of the year is December 26th when we stop giving. Aisley is still singing Christmas songs so I hope the Spirit will carry with us all through the year.




1 comment:
Very cute pics! I love that picnic table! And my favorite part of Christmas is when they say Santa came too. Looks liks a fun time at the Polar Express! And the snow, so cool! And for the bday cupcakes, did you make them? They are adorable!
Post a Comment