I can't believe how time goes by so fast. Life has been so busy and a little crazy at times, but we can't complain. Spring is my favorite time of the year. I love it when the dead of winter turns into new life with green leaves, and beautiful flowers. I love to plant my garden, and watch it grow. Its such a accomplishment when the plants actually produce! And then we get to pick, eat, and share because we have it coming out our ears!!!
Jed and I actually went on a little trip...without the kids! Its the first time that I've left Rigdon over night. I was a little worried, but everything was great. We went to Vegas for a couple days. We just walked, and walked, and walked! We had to have walked 10 miles the first day. We planned on seeing some shows, but the ones we wanted were all sold out. So we just walked around and had a good time together. We realized that vacations are great! Its taken almost 12 years to talk ourselves in going on one, but I think we've changed our way of thinking!! It was a good rejuvinator since the next few months are going to be pretty stressful.
Aisley has decided that she needed a new hair cut. She found a picture in a magazine and brought it to me and said "this is how I want my hair...short!" So we did it, well kinda. Its shorter so that is all she was concerned about. She loves it! It is so fun to wash, and she still shakes her head back and forth to feel it swooshing on her neck! She cracks me up...and she is only 4!!! And little Ridgon had his first hair cut too!! He was so big, and loved it! It really shocked me, but he was so good and hardly moved. He only had a handful of long hairs, but they were bugging me so we evened it all up. He is such a handsome little man! (The pictures are on Jed's phone so I'll have to post them later.) Rigdon has really grown into a little boy. He's not a little baby anymore. But with that has come a stubborn little attitude! Oh he can through a fit. But then he can say he's sorry, and be the sweetest thing EVER!! He has really become a daddy's boy. He gets soo upset when Jed is home and even walks in the other room. Rigdon is so afraid that he might get left home, so he doesn't let his dad out of his sight. And Aisley is right there too, running to get shoes when Jed even thinks of going outside. So I have two broken hearted kids when they can't go with their daddy. Its really quite cute, and Jed eats it up of course, but its not very fun for me. So I have to think of something fun to do quick to get their mind on something else. Staying home with mom is just not as fun!
"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Such a sweet post. I can completely agree with you on vacations. It is so nice to just be together for a few days. I always miss the kiddos, but it feels nice to rest a bit and fall in love a little more!! Glad you guys had such a good time. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Time flies by so fast. Choosing their own hairstyles, and clothes...it's just the beginning. Anyways, enjoy your beautiful spring!
Post a Comment