"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie

Monday, May 9, 2011

Such a BIG Boy!!


The day has finally came that Rigdon is old enough to go to NURSERY!! The last six months have been a little tiring at church. That stretch from when he turned one and mobile until he is old enough to go to nursery just seems like forever. Rigdon was usually a perfect angel during the first hour, then the next hour he just wanted to run around, and the last hour.....look out because he was a BEAR, and was not about to sit quietly!! So his first time in Nursery he didn't want to stay. But it was so helpful having Grandma Norton as one of the teachers so she just took him and played with him so I could slip out. I stood outside the door for a few minutes to make sure he was going to settle down, and he did. It only took a second. Then when I picked him up she said how good he did!! So that lasted for a couple weeks, and now he loves it! He goes right in and plays with the other kids, and I tell him "Bye, I'll see you in a little bit." Its great! I still feel lost actually getting to sit through my classes and listen again!

This stage of his life is so fun, but so challenging some days. He is not a baby anymore, but just not quite big enough. And then don't forget the wonderful days of teething. He is so dang cute though. He is so much fun to play with. He just laughs and giggles. He gives the best loves, and has learned to give squeezes now, and just gives you the tightest squeeze around the neck! He is talking more and more everyday. His latest new word is Nama, and she was so proud! I sure love this boy!

2 comments:

Allred's said...

Rigdon is so adorable, and that is so exciting that he will stay! I love Grandma Norton, she is the sweetest!! Just because she was there for us when we were little in Central. He is lucky to have her as his teacher. So, I guess it's time to have another baby to fill your arms during class....haha, only teasing!!

The Nunes' said...

I was going to say the same thing, but I guess you should enjoy your freedom a little longer...:) They are both just adorable and getting so big!!!