"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm a BIG BOY now!!

It was time to potty train Rigdon. I was dreading it, but he was ready. He wanted to be big and I kept putting him off until after the holidays at least. So we finally decided to try it before he lost interest. That would not be good! So we bought him some unders and treats for bribery, and we started January 30th.
The first day wasn't too bad, but the newness wore off by the second and third days. I think I made it worse just because I kept asking him and taking him every so often that he got tired of going. But he did great! He learned how to make himself go so he could get treats. And his sister was a great help too. She got him to go so she could have treats too, because she helped! We started on Monday and by Friday he made it through a day of shopping in town without any accidents!!! Aisley and I cheered him on and he would remind us to clap if we forgot! We made a chart so that he could put stickers on and that was fun for him and Aisley both. Happy to say it went much better than I anticipated since he just turned 2 in October. He loved the attention, and we are so proud of him!!! I'm definitely enjoying a couple months of no diapers before the baby comes.

No comments: