"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie

Monday, October 4, 2010

The sweetest thing

Aisley just told me the sweetest story so I had to post it tonight! I was in getting the kids ready for bed, just started reading in the BofM, and Aisley told me that she had prayed to Heavenly Father today. This is right in the middle of us trying to read so I didn't know what to think at first. We always say prayers so I wasn't sure what she was talking about, and then she went on to tell me... She couldn't find her princess book, she just couldn't remember where she put it. So she prayed to ask Heavenly Father to help her find it. She said she almost cried. (this is serious to a 3 year old!) And then she found it! It was so cute! She was so excited to tell me. I was so proud of her. It was a great thing for me to hear, since she has selective hearing syndrome (that she get's from her dad!) so often with me. I really wonder sometimes if anything I'm saying sinks in or just goes in one ear and out the other. Moments like this is what keeps me going. I love you girl!

3 comments:

Skinners said...

Trish! I totally just teared up! That is the sweetest story! Don't you love the little reminder from Heavenly Father as to just how important these little ones are? Love it!

Rochelle said...

So sweet! I just cried! Those little moments make being a mom so worth it!!

Jade said...

Soooo cute. Kids are so very innocent & have such a simple faith. I envy that about them. What a great day to be a mom!