"It is our duty to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today."
Bruce R. McConkie
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Not very good at goodbyes
We went to Michelle and Carter's on Saturday to spend some time with them, and then be there for Rhett's blessing on Sunday. We had a great time. The kids just played and played. We (Mom, Kayla, Chelle, and I) stayed up until 2 a.m. preparing the food for after the blessing and just hanging out. There usually isn't much sleeping whenever we get together, but I love it. We put the kids and husbands to bed, and just talk for hours it seems like. Then it was up early to be to church. Church didn't start until 8:30 but we had to be there early to get a seat in the chapel. So we were all out the door about 7:45! Carter did a really good job, and everything went well. The food was wonderful as usual. Then when it came time for goodbyes, it was pretty hard. I've been dreading that part every since I found out they were moving, but I just have to keep telling myself they are still just a phone call away. And its a place I get to visit! First Devon told his mom that she was being quite emotional. But we all were. We exchanged gifts since her family had ours, and I gave them a few things to take with them to hopefully make their trip a little easier on them all. I am SO going to miss them. Then we had to leave so as I was telling Devon goodbye, he tells me how emotional I am being. And that he just isn't very good at goodbyes either (as he is laughing)! That kid always knows how to make me laugh. Seriously, how do you tell your best friend goodbye? I know its going to be hard not to have them home for Christmas, but we'll get through it. Good thing I can call them. For whatever reasons they are meant to go. It will be exciting for them. I wish them the very best! They leave tomorrow afternoon for Peoria, Illinois. Love you guys, and be safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment